Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Trip To California

On October 13th Brent and I flew back to California for his sister's (Jenny) wedding.  Brent and I had not been back to California since we left in August of 2009.  I was super excited to go because Brent and I hadn't had any alone time in a couple years and because I was anxious to see old friends and family.

Brent's Step-Mom & Dad, Susan & Steve, were kind enough to pick us up from LAX late on Wednesday night.  We spent the night at their house and spent most of Thursday with Susan, we had a really good time with her.
Brent and Susan playing Dr. Mario.
Brent and Susan spent a good portion of Thursday morning playing Dr. Mario just like when Brent was a kid.  After the Dr. Mario tournament we headed to Downtown Disney to do some shopping and then Susan took us down to Brent's mom's house.  That evening we spent 90 minutes sitting in traffic to go 30 miles to visit our good friends the Young's.  Even though we go months and months with out seeing them when we do get together it is like we haven't spent any time apart.  Good friends like that are hard to come find.

Friday we spent visiting with Brent's Mom and Step-Dad, (Bonnie & Rick) and then went to help Jenny set up her reception site.

Saturday was the wedding day.  It was a bit drizzly but the wedding over the ocean was gorgeous and the reception was a blast.  Mike and Jenny make a handsome couple, we are so happy for them.
Brent, Jenny, and I.

Brent & I at the reception.
On Sunday we went back to Steve and Susan's house and spent time with that side of the family.  Later that evening we went to Halloween Haunt at Knott's Scary Farm for Brent's birthday with Uncle Dan, Aunt Linda, and Brent's cousins, Ryan and Alexa.

Uncle Dan & Brent with two monsters.
On Monday our vacation had to come to an end.  We had a great time but our trip went too fast.  I really thought going back to my "home" would make me homesick for California but it didn't at all.  Where I grew up and went to school at is run down and old looking, that part is sad, but it also makes me realize that I would never want to live there again.  Uncle Dan took us to LAX, it was really hard saying good-bye to him.

Brent and I thought our little airplane coming and going was so funny that we had to take a picture of it.  Our plane is that little tiny thing in the middle of the screen you can compare it to its larger counterparts behind it.

No comments: