Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I really think Thanksgiving is underrated and underappreciated.  It bothers me that in the stores Christmas comes right after Halloween.  Thanksgiving is the ONE holiday where families come together but there is no expectations of gift giving and the hectic hustle and bustle of a month or more of shopping.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  If I counted right there were 21 of us in all.  I grew up with 4 - 5 people together for the holidays so this is a big change for us.  The Boring's, Scott's, and Emmons' all went over the the Kreiger's home (my uncle and aunt) where all of their kids and spouses were at.  We all made different dishes... enough to feed 21 people so we had a TON of food.  There wasn't one thing that wasn't delicious.



Unfortunately I didn't get a real group shot but here is a shot of all of the chaos after dinner.  Poor Hannah and Brent are the ones crashed on the sofa, super sick with bad colds.
  After dinner everyone cleaned up and visited and then the group started to shrink.  Some had other dinners to attend, some went to the movie, and some hung out and played pool.

After the Emmons', Scott's, and Boring's went home we all hung out, got silly... as usual, and played a never ending game of Mile Bornes, that Grace and I won.

It was an amazing, absolutely perfect day.

I am so very thankful for my husband who works so hard for his family.  I am so thankful to the Lord who gave me four beautiful, healthy, children.  I am so thankful for 2 sisters that I love dearly and I am thankful that the three of us get along so well.  I am so thankful for my parents and all that they do for my family (and keeping Larissa on tournament weekends).  I'm thankful that we were brave enough to leave everything that we knew and were familiar with behind and start a new and better life for us here in San Antonio.  I am thankful beyond belief that my whole family came to San Antonio all together.

No comments: