Monday, May 26, 2008

Benihana

I have been going to Benihana every year for my birthday since I was 3 with the exception of 2 years when I choose to go to a place in Brea, CA called Bobby McGees and TGI Fridays. So I have been to Benihana 23 times... you all can do the math. When I was really little we lived on the western side of Colorado and the closest Benihana was in Denver. Once a year for 5 years for my birthday we would load up in the car, drive to Denver, stay in a hotel with an indoor pool (that is all I remember about it), go to a place called Casa Bonita for dinner one night and the second night we would go to Benihana. (For any South Park fans Casa Bonita was a whole episode on the show) When we moved to California in '89 our trips to Benihana were a lot easier since we had one down the street.
Here is a picture of our trip from this past Friday, my birthday is actually today. Sorry the picture quality is so bad... I have 23 years worth of Polaroids from Benihana... they haven't gone digital. :)
Photobucket

In the photo: My mom, my maternal grandma, my sister - Grace, Seth, me, my sister - Tahnee, Kirstine, Hannah, Brent, and my dad.

The kids LOVE going to Benihana, they start asking in the fall how much longer till my birthday.

4 comments:

Tam said...

Happy Birthday! It is a great time of year to be born for sure! We saw Brent for a second at home depot today. Strange to see him so far south... but then your parents do live down this way. I should call & chat - haven't been as good as you in my calling.

Holley Williamson said...

Happy Birthday Maia!!!

Anonymous said...

*~*Happy Birthday!*~*
:)

Jill Duncan said...

Happy Birthday Maia! I've eaten there once and wasn't a huge fan, I think I will have to try it out again, everyone I talk to just loves it!!