Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Seth's Busted Nose

Friday evening Seth and the girls were playing on the trampoline while I was cooking dinner. Next thing I know I hear a blood curdling scream and Seth is on the ground in the fetal position. I throw my shoes on and run out there, by this time he is standing up and blood is just pouring out of his nose and mouth. I ask the girls what happened and they told me they were playing a game on the trampoline where Seth had Hannah's coat on backwards, covering his face with his arms stuck down to his side and zipped up the back and he had to catch them. Sounds like fun right? Seth happened to find the only opening inside the trampoline and walk right off it. His face broke his fall on the 2x4 that is the border for the playground mulch. *cringe*

After about 20 minutes I finally got the bleeding to stop and gave him some Motrin. Brent was still at work so I called my parents over to see what they thought. They took one look at him and said what I was thinking, he needs to go to the ER.

Here is what he looked like about 1 hour after it happened.

Nose1
Nose2
When Brent got home my parents sat with the other 3 kids while we took him to the ER. We arrived at the ER at 930 pm and didn't leave until 230 am!!!

Seth broke his nose, right between his eyes. He is lucky he didn't break it on the bridge of his nose because I guess that is where you can run into some long lasting problems. He is still VERY swollen and his nose is now blue from the bruising. We have to take him back to the pediatrician at the end of the week just to make sure it is healing all right. If his doctor has any concerns then he will refer Seth to an E.N.T.

Seth has been a real trooper though. He said to Brent and I, "I cracked my head open, I broke my nose, and I was born with a sixth toe, what else?"

What else is right!!! The joys of raising a boy I suppose.

4 comments:

Edith said...

Oh poor boy! What a scary thing to be the mom at home when something like that happens.
Ethan was two when he decided to get out of bed at night and stand on his toy table to look out his window. When we opened the door he got scared because he was out of bed and jumped from the table to his bed and fell and hit his forehead on the frame. It cut it open and we had to take him right then to get stitches.
I'm afraid of what will come next...

Jill Duncan said...

Oh my gosh, Poor Seth!! I'm glad I have a girl! :)

Jill Duncan said...

I can;t believe you went to an American Idol taping, how lucky!!!Your comments about it were very interesting!

Unknown said...

I am so glad he is healing alright. Poor kid...you can't help but feel bad for him! But he cracks me up! What a funny kid!