“Tough times never last, but tough people do.”The last 2-months have been tough. Total upheaval and chaos entered our lives. We were heading in one direction through life and WHAM we were hit with a ton of bricks and had to totally change course. It took everything Brent and I had to not just give up. I have to say he was much stronger and faithful than me. I leaned on him a lot and for that I am truly grateful. However I don't want to go back to that and give all the gritty details, I want to share a little about what we learned and that there are wonderful people in this world. When I wanted to give up on people I was taught that I wasn't being fair.
When everything happened I was mad at the world. I prayed and prayed and prayed some more but it felt like I was being ignored. I started to get angry with my Heavenly Father and feel sorry for myself and wonder why we were being punished. Funny how when you feel you are hitting your lowest of lows a prayer is suddenly answered. From that point on things slowly started falling into place, emphasis on slowly. We then were graciously helped out by my parents. They were willing to sacrifice so much to help us. Next thing I know we receive a card in the mail from Brent's Grandma & Grandpa with a little something in it from their Pastor and his wife who had never met us but felt like they should. I then had some very generous friends I have known since 1998 from an online community from all parts of the world get together and make it so our kids could have a Christmas. Then our church family came together and welcomed us with open arms and helped us out in many ways. Brent's family has also been extra kind in making sure that we are taken care of, adjusting well, and that the kids have a wonderful Christmas.
Over the last month my heart has been overwhelmed by all these acts of kindness and love from total strangers, friends, & family. Brent and I are truly blessed. I'm still not sure why we have been given these trials but I do know the Lord will not give us more than we can handle. I have been reminded of the true meaning of Christmas. We still have a ways to go before we are settled and in a comfortable spot for our family but we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I have thanked all of the wonderful people who have touched our lives these past weeks many times but I just can't thank them enough. What you have done means more to me & Brent than you can know. Your love and generosity has been a great teaching tool for our children and they have been made aware of what you all have done to make sure we are taken care of and that they have a wonderful Christmas like all children should.
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.”
No comments:
Post a Comment