Yesterday was the day I had been dreading for the last 5 years and 5 months... Larissa starting school. Larissa was just the opposite of me though and couldn't wait to start school. She had been asking how many days she had left till she could start school since the beginning of the last school year. Yesterday was also the first day of school for the other 3 kids as well.
The first day of school started early, 6:40am. All the kids popped right up though because they were so excited. Everyone was up and ready and out the door by 7:05am.
 |
| Larissa ready for kindergarten. |
 |
| Seth ready for 4th grade. Notice his really cool, really unique backpack, Grandma Cheryl and Grace got him. |
 |
| Kirstine ready for 5th grade, her last year of elementary school. |
 |
| Hannah ready for 7th grade. |
 |
| The Boring Kids. |
Larissa had quite the entourage walking her to school her first day. Obviously Kirstine and Seth were there and Grandma Cheryl, Dad (who took the day off), Hannah, and myself. Kirstine and Seth took Larissa into the cafeteria to show her how to get her breakfast. It was a huge relief to me knowing that she has two older siblings to look after her.
 |
| Larissa and Kirstine getting breakfast. |
Larissa was a trooper and even with all the chaos of the first day of school she was all smiles and nothing but excited. I was pretty proud of myself too because I held it together and didn't cry.
Here in Texas Kindergarten is all day, 7 hours, so it is a very long day for a 5-year old. Dad and I walked over and picked her up at 2:30pm.
 |
| Larissa waiting to be picked up. |
After she told us hi her next words were, "I like school, all you do is color all day!"
So after the first day all of the kids like their teachers and classrooms. Hannah has a very long day because she will be playing sports for the middle school. Her day starts at 8am and she won't be home till close to 5:30. I can't believe how fast she is growing up too. I remember Hannah's first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday.
1 comment:
You're kids are all so cute- they have always been so cute! Can't believe how big they all are.
Post a Comment