Poppy and Hannah have had a deal going for quite sometime now that if she hits a home run Poppy would take her out for a lobster dinner. I think Poppy thought this was a safe bet, and so did I. Hannah has really been working on her swing the last few weeks and it seems as if something has clicked for her when it comes to batting.
Last night at her 1st game she had a reallynnice hit and so I text Poppy and told him to start worrying, that lobster dinner may be owed pretty soon. The 2nd game Hannah came up for her 2nd at bat of the game and with two strikes on her hit a bomb to left field... a legitimate home run, her first one ever. I text Poppy and told him he was going to have to pay up! He called me up to congratulate Hannah and to tell Hannah that he was going to have to change their deal going forward.
Congratulations Hannah! I hope there are many more home runs where that one came from!
Hannah has a 20 team tournament this weekend and then on Wednesday we leave for Dallas for Nationals. Hoping for more wonderful hits like last night!
No comments:
Post a Comment