Wednesday, June 9, 2010

School's Out!

Thursday, June 3rd was the last day of school for all three kids.  I can't believe we survived our first school year in San Antonio.  It was a huge change for the kids especially Hannah and Kirstine.  Both girls had a lot of catching up to do academically.

Seth did wonderful all school year and is now a 3rd grader!

Kirstine changed the most both academically and socially.  I am so very proud of her and how hard she worked.  Kirstine had tutoring 2 hours each week before school to get her the extra help she needed.  Kirstine is now a 4th grader!

Hannah is a trooper and has a wonderful work ethic that is just natural to her personality.  When she started the school year here she was behind because of the school system in California.  She worked very hard and had 6 hours of tutoring each week before and after school to catch up.  Her TEKS tests results (exit exams for 5th grade) for the year are amazing.  She was commended in math and English and placed very high in science.  Her teacher told me that Hannah is her success story this year!  Hannah is now a 6th grader and is in middle school.  I'm not ready for the next stage in her life but unfortunately I don't get to pick and chose when these things happen!  Hannah is very excited to be a "big 6th grader".

Thursday morning Hannah had her 5th grade Promotion Ceremony at school.  During the Promotion kids were given awards for their accomplishments throughout the year.  I was a very proud mom when Hannah was awarded the Principal's Award!!!!  Only 2 kids from each class were given the award.  Hannah also received 2 more awards, one for 'All A's & B's' for the entire year and one for 'All E's in Citizenship' for the entire year.

I am so proud of my kids, I don't know why I am so blessed!

2 comments:

Edith said...

All proud moments for you as a mom. Your kids always seemed like such good kids and very well behaved I am not surprised for their success.
Are CA schools really lacking that much, or is it just MV and Texas has high standards?

The Hull Family said...

Wow!! I had no idea the schools is CA were so bad, makes me nervous for when Owen goes to school in a few years.
Your kids did great....that is wonderful!!