Friday, June 4, 2010

The Month of Maia... I Mean May


I love the month of May for a lot of reasons.  I love the change in weather, I love the anticipation of school letting out, I love Mother's Day, Memorial Day weekend - the official kick off to summer, and it is my birth month!!!

The month started off great with a wonderful Mother's Day.  My kids and hubby made me feel very special.  I love my family so much.

The month of May also meant a lot of end of the school year parties.  Hannah had three field trips and Seth had one.  I was able to go on one of the field trips with Hannah.  The 5th graders went to Guadalupe State Park, it is absolutely gorgeous.  They spent the day having boat races in the river, learning about craw fish (which live here in Texas), wind, taking a nature hike, and having lunch.
Photo of the river at Guadalupe State Park

At the end of the month came my 30th birthday!!!  One of the big mile markers in ones life.  I had a really great day.  My parents & Brent bought me my Nook, which I absolutely love!  I spent most of the day with my sister Tahnee.  She took me to a little Thai food restaurant close to downtown and we had a fabulous lunch.  We then went shopping because I was on the hunt for rubberband bracelets.  Tahnee and Hannah had been searching for them for days but they were sold out everywhere.  Thankfully on my birthday I found some and made Hannah and Kirstine very happy.  When Grace came home from school the three of us girls went shopping at the mall and out to dinner.  It was nice because my mom kept all the kids for me so I had a kid-free birthday!  My good friend Sara Young was here too and she gave me a bracelet, candies, ice cream from Sonic, and a hilarious card.  It was a good day!!!

We spent Memorial Day floating in a river at Blanco State Park with most of the Young family and my two sisters.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day, the water was perfect, and the park was not crowded.  The city of Blanco is about 40 minutes North of where we live and is an adorable, little old town.  We had a great lunch in an old diner in town.

Blanco State Park

Oh and by the way, Maia really does mean the month of May!

1 comment:

Nyree said...

Sounds like you have had a great month! You'll be able to give me a full blown tour when I manage to go to Tx! :)

Oh, btw, Maia/Maja comes from an old Scandinavian/Norther German verb "Att maja" (To maja) which means to decorate with leaves. And Mother Nature sure decorates with leaves in the month of May! :)