Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Am Zeus!

The second graders at Seth's school have been studying Greek Gods and Goddesses. This week they finished up their unit by doing two special activities.

Today was the Greek God Wax Museum at school. Every 2nd grader had to chose a Greek God/Goddess, research him/her, and then dress up as their God/Goddess and go to school to participate in the museum. Seth chose Zeus, the King of all Gods and Goddesses. Seth's "girlfriend" chose Hera because she was married to Zeus! How cute is that?

I helped Seth write his speech and Dad did his costume. The parents were able to come to school and walk around the "museum". It was so cute. Each little 2nd grade God/Goddess was standing in their classroom all dressed up with a paper button in front of them. When you stepped on the button the God/Goddess came alive and recited their speech to you. It was too dang cute. The other grades were invited to come to the museum as well.

Friday is their Greek Olympics and the teachers have various activities planned as well as Greek foods for the kids to try.

I must say this school does SO much hands on stuff for the kids to help them learn. I know Seth will remember all about Zeus and the other Gods/Goddesses.

Below is his class all dressed up as their God or Goddess. Seth is pretty much in the center and his "girlfriend" is just to the left of him.

1 comment:

Maia said...

Lol this made me smile