Today, October 31st, is Brent's birthday. What a cool day to be born on eh?! This was a special birthday for Brent too, the big 3-0! I had planned on throwing him a big surprise birthday party/softball game this year when we were still living in California. His sister Jenny was going to help me put it together but we ended up moving and don't know enough people here yet. We were able to go out to dinner for his birthday on Friday, he got to scare kids on Halloween, and on Sunday we are having his birthday dinner. I hope we did an okay job of making it a special time for him. That surprise party will have to wait for another year.
Happy Birthday Brent! I can't believe we have known each other for 17 years!!!
* * *
That brings us to Halloween. Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. I love fall and I love how much the kids enjoy Halloween with out all of the stress that comes with Christmas. Seth wanted to wear his Zeus costume so that worked out great, Hannah wore a zoot suit, Teen was a 50's girl and Larissa was Tinkerbell. I took the kids out trick-or-treating, while Brent sat on the front porch scaring kids... I mean handing out candy. The weather was perfect, cool but not so cold the kids froze.
No comments:
Post a Comment