Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

There are two days a year that are extra special to me, they are Mother's Day and my birthday, I don't care about Valentine's Day or even about my anniversary. Maybe I am just spoiled because I have a husband who always acknowledges these special days no matter what so I take it for granted.

I actually ended up having a great weekend. On Saturday Brent stayed home with the kids while I went to dinner with my parents at Red Lobster. We had a delicious dinner. After dinner we met my sister Tahnee and her husband Spencer at the IMAX in Ontario to see Star Trek. The movie was amazing, one of the best I have seen in a long time... no you don't have to be a Trekkie to enjoy the show.

Sunday was wonderful. I woke up to a spring cactus in full bloom, chocolates, and a card from Brent, Seth, and Larissa. I then was showered with school-made gifts from Hannah, Kirstine, and Seth. I loved reading each of their cards and their thoughts about me. Hannah also made me a friendship anklet... I absolutely love it.

Sunday afternoon we went to the Angel game. We had good seats, even if they were in the sun and best of all the Angels won a very close game.After the Angel game we went to Brent's mom's house and spent the evening with her. The kids went swimming and we had a wonderful dinner and evening.

To top it all off Brent was wonderful. I didn't have to do one thing all day, anything the kids needed or I needed he took care of. I really appreciated him.

No comments: