Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's ~ 2009

We always have a low key New Years. We don't like going out with all the crazy people and drunk drivers. It has become tradition to have my family over and our good friends Don and Sara and their two boys over. This year was no different.


I made my New Year's Eve chili with cornbread and everyone else brought yummy things to eat.


We spent the night visiting and playing Rock Band 2... can you tell this is the new hit thing in our home? Funny thing is it seems to be like that everywhere. Don and Sara spent their Christmas week in Utah playing Rock Band 2 as well.


We brought in the new year with Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest. Dick Clark is amazing, none of us could believe how good he looks and sounds and that he is still doing the ball drop... this was his 36th year.


Shortly after midnight my parents left and we sat and visited with Don and Sara till 2am. I believe that was how late it was last year too.
All four kids lasted till 2am also.

1 comment:

Todd + Emily said...

How FUN!! I love Rock Band!!! We do the same thing we all go to my parents and play games!!! I'm glad you guys had fun!