Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Teenager!!!

Brent and I have a teenager!!!  That is so hard for me to wrap my mind around.  I can remember being 13 like it was yesterday!  I was 13-years old when I met Brent!  Crazy!

Like all kids, oops I mean young adults, Hannah was so excited to turn 13.  Turning 13 really is magical.  There are so many changes going on in your life and saying that you are a teenager makes it all that more real.

Hannah's 13th birthday, March 4th, just happened to fall on a tournament weekend in Round Rock, Texas, just North of Austin.  She decided she wanted to invite a friend to stay at the hotel with us and then go to The Salt Lick for dinner.  She had seen The Salt Lick on 'Top Chef: Texas' and being the carnivore that she is knew that was exactly where she wanted to go for her birthday dinner.  The Salt Lick is a famous Texas BBQ restaurant that has been featured on the Travel Channel, Food Network, Bravo, New York Times, Forbes, NBC, People Magazine and much much more.

Hannah & her friend waiting for dinner.
It worked out great because The Salt Lick has an 'All-You-Can-Eat' option that was wonderful for two hungry softball players.  Both girls ate their monies worth.
Hannah & Darby waiting for dinner.
One of several pits at the restaurant.






The food was amazing!!!  It was THE best brisket I have ever had!

After dinner we went back to the hotel and Hannah and Darby goofed around and enjoyed each other.
Darby & Hannah in matching tournament shirts.  That was Darby's gift to Hannah for her birthday.
Happy birthday Hannah!!!  I love you!  I can't believe that 6lb 4oz little tiny baby has turned in to such a beautiful young woman.  Your dad and I are very proud of you!

1 comment:

Tahnee Scott said...

13! I don't know of its the hormones our the fact that my little neice is not so little anymore. Happy birthday Hannah. I love u!