Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A New Hobby

I  have started a new hobby, one I am very excited about.  I have always loved taking pictures.  I have CD after CD of pictures from the time we bought our first digital camera in 2001 to now.  However I have always been a bit nervous to try a "real" digital camera, AKA a DSLR.  You know the kind you see "real" photographers using and the ones in the stores with the very large price tags that they keep separate from all the novice point and shoot cameras?

After a lot of encouragement from Brent I decided to go big and purchase a DSLR camera.  Along with the camera I bought a book, which is very large, on how to use the camera and I have been teaching myself over the last few weeks.

I am still learning... I have a lot of learning left to do but here are a few of the 1500+ pictures I have taken since getting my camera earlier this month.  These are the ones I am most proud of.

Hannah at her first 2012 tournament.
Seth doing what he loves most, Call of Duty on the Xbox.
Kirstine's 11th birthday portrait.

Kirstine's 11th birthday portrait.

Kirstine all dolled up for The Blue Man Group.

Safe at 2nd.

The most adorable dog in the world, Oskar.

If anyone wants to be my guinea pig let me know!!!

No comments: