Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"You can get me a brick Mom."

As Larissa's 4th birthday has approached I kept saying to her that she is getting too big and I am going to get a brick for her to put on her head so she will stop getting bigger. I told her a story about when I was little and how my mom was sad I was getting big so she wrapped a brick and put it under the Christmas tree so I could put it on my head and keep me from growing bigger. Larissa thought this was so clever and as we got closer to her birthday she would tell me, "Don't be sad Mom, you can get me a brick."

We celebrated with Larissa at home on her actual birthday, March 27th. She was SO excited to open her presents and loved all the phone calls she got from family. She felt so special!


Larissa eager to open her presents.


Grandma Cheryl, Poppy, & Aunt Grace bought Larissa this for her birthday. She picked it out and spends hours in it every day. She calls it her Olive Garden.
Larissa & Grandma-Great. Grandma-Great has spent almost as much time playing in the "Olive Garden" as Larissa has. Larissa is going to be very sad when Grandma-Great leaves.

* * *

On March 28th we went over to my Aunt & Uncle's house, the Kreigers, for a combined birthday celebration for Larissa and my cousin Caleb who turned 16 on the 29th.
Larissa in her car seat holding her birthday candles she picked out. The flame burns the same color as the candle.

Larissa with her Barbie birthday cake that Great-Aunt Allyson and Rebekah made for her.
Caleb with his cheesecake Brent made.
Larissa patiently waiting for a piece of her cake.
Larissa received two puzzles from from my cousins Adam and Dorey. Larissa is now doing 100 piece puzzles for ages 5+! The Kreigers got her a really cute outfit that she can't wait to wear, it has to be a little warmer first.

No comments: