Thursday, January 15, 2015

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Our Christmas vacation wasn't all that great.  I was the only one out of the 6 of us who was not super sick.  The Tuesday before Christmas Larissa ended up with the flu. The poor kid was super sick.  Kirstine and Seth got sick on the 26th and on the 27th Larissa was even worse and we had to take her to the ER.  I am so glad we did because she had strep throat and was severely dehydrated.  She ended up with an IV for fluids as well as anti-nausea meds, steroids, and antibiotics.


Thankfully once she had 24 hours of antibiotics in her she was feeling so much better.   Then on the 30th Hannah ended up getting sick and Brent came down with it on the 31st.

Our actual Christmas Day was very nice though.  We had a great day and lots of fun.
Poppy and his granddaughters all wearing clothes given to them by Grace.


Dave in his new ball pit.
Ready to open the first round of Christmas presents.
Kids in their PJs they got for Christmas.
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.  My favorite time, Christmas Eve night after everyone is in bed.
Grandma and Kirstine baking cookies for Santa.
Poor Larissa, she was so sick.
Our Sheriffs for our fun new game, Bang!

On top of everyone being sick our best friends from California arrived on the 27th to spend the week with us.  I was so worried about them getting sick from us but it worked out that they were already sick so we were all sick together.  The weather that week was awful too, cold and rainy, so we all just laid around and did nothing all week.  I know that sounds boring but it was just what the doctor ordered.  The kids had fun playing together and us adults enjoyed doing nothing but visiting, playing games, eating, and watching TV.  We did manage to go see a movie and Don and Brent went to the Alamo Bowl.
Eli playing video games on NYE.  Favorite thing for all 6-kids.
NYE
NYE
NYE
Don & Brent
Oh and I can't forget that Donald asked Hannah to his prom!!!  I can't believe both of them are old enough to be going to prom.  Our families met when they were 4 and 3 1/2!!!  I wish I had a picture, I know someone does, Hannah?  Sara?  I wasn't smart enough to get one.

No comments: