Thursday, February 26, 2009

What a Fun Day!

I haven't had such a nice day in a long time. For Kirstine's 8th birthday on Tuesday I surprised her in the morning by telling her she didn't have to go to school. She was going with Grandma Cheryl and I to Disneyland! While Hannah & Seth moaned about how unfair that was Kirstine was VERY excited. Larissa stayed home with Dad.

We got to Disneyland at noon and stood in line for 30 minutes to get Kirstine her $59.00 gift card from Disneyland for her birthday. For those of you who live under a rock you get in to Disneyland for free this year on your birthday and if you have an annual pass you get a $59 gift card for children and a $69 gift card for adults. What more could an 8 year old want than free money for Disneyland. Heck I can't wait till my birthday!

I have never seen so many birthday people in one place in my life. When you get your free ticket or gift card they give you a birthday button to wear so it is easy to spot the birthday guests. All day Kirstine was told happy birthday by Disney employees.



We let Kirstine pick where she wanted to eat and she choose the Mexican restaurant. She was so excited because I let her order an adult meal and she didn't have to split it with her brother or sister - oh and she got a soda. Funny part was she didn't eat anymore than she does when she has to share. It made her feel big though.

After lunch we went and rode Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Indiana Jones. We did some shopping and then she talked us into going to the Tiki Room, after all it was her birthday! After that though Grandma Cheryl told Kirstine that she HAD to ride Tower of Terror. Kirstine is not a thrill ride sort of person but Grandma told her that she is a whole 8 years old now and had to go. This is her just before getting on the ride.
The look on her face is not an act by the way. She whined and shed a few tears all the way till we got on the ride. Once she was strapped in she gave me a blood blister on my arm holding on so tight. The look on her face when we got off was nothing but smiles. She liked the ride but I don't know how soon we will be able to convince her to ride it again. Because she was such a good sport Grandma bought her a Tower of Terror trading pin and a T-shirt.

After Tower of Terror we went over to check out the new Toy Story ride. When we got there the line was a 40 minute wait. The most we waited all day for any ride was about 15 minutes. Kirstine talked us into riding it and boy were we glad we waited. It is one of the best rides (of its kind) in both parks. It was definitely worth the wait. I don't want to spoil it but the ride is a few minutes long and not just for little kids. We were all cracking up. I sat next to a lady who had ridden it before and so she gave me some good advice. Because of her help I kicked Teen and Mom's butt.
Here is a picture of the three of us waiting in line for the Toy Story ride. We all got a little bored - and silly.

After Disneyland we went to Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant - per Teen's request and had a great dinner.

We really had a great day and Teen was spoiled rotten. I'm glad though - she deserves it... it is hard being the middle child.

1 comment:

Jill Duncan said...

What a fun day for Kirstine! Your such a good mom, to make her birthday so special! I miss Kirstine, tell her her old primary teacher says Happy Birthday! :)